Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Interesting Cesar Milan DVD Featuring Other Trainers

No I am not a Milan fanatic by any means. I am alarmed quite frankly, when I see him working without equipment that could make training safer for everyone. He has a new CD out, and the positive world is abuzz about this. Ironic, as these are the same people who criticize others for pointing out what is out there in black and white that is wrong in the dog world of "purely positive" extremists. You know the ones that don't like to be "torn down" themselves (for calling dogs luxuy items which are disposable during hard times OR bring their injured dog to a trial OR unabashedly commit libel towards another and then defend it) but feel free to do it anonymously, indirectly by not exactly saying names, or directly if they feel the person has received too much fame and attention, but do not mirror their beliefs? Oh, and moderate and block comments as well of course (clearly not realizing I'll just comment about it on my blog).

They criticize Milan because this is a training video, and he is not (by his own admission a trainer). Apparently they could need read the video title which includes the phrase "and friends". Those "friends" are other well respected trainers. Uh oh. Did I just hear a large gulp of crow being swallowed?

http://www.cesarmillaninc.com/products/sns_dvd.php

I have heard that there are a lot of very well respected trainers on this DVD. It even has a bonus clicker training section LOL. Martin Deeley, a good friend of Ian Dunbar, even gives tips on the CD. I have personally met Martin Deeley, and he is a fabulous trainer (despite the fact that I don't personally care for Dunbar, and question his motives).

Seems like this would be an educational DVD for serious dog trainers and the general public all over. Even the positive trainers might have to agree on this . Sounds like a positively balanced CD to me. And possibly free at my vets office (which is not staffed that I know about with positive etremists), that would be too cool. I definitely want this for my collection, so many DVDs I have purchased from others have been regulated to drink coasters:)


Mannerly Mutts Dog Training
Mannerly Mutts Blog
mannerly_mutt@yahoo.com

No comments: