Saturday, August 23, 2008

Really? Melanoma?

For the love of God, can Leon catch a break already. Isn't it enough that he had two cruciate tears in his knees.

Two weeks ago, I saw what I thought was a small scab on the back of Leon's left leg. Forgot about it thinking he got it running thru the woods.

Next week, see really big bump on Leon's left hind leg. Vet appointment made immediately. Biopsy came back yesterday, and what was thought at first to be non-cancerous is in fact melanoma.

The vets believe they did get the whole mass. And apparently (I need to do research on this), there is some sort of vaccine???? We have had some human family members pass away from this vile thing recently. I am not real excited about this. A bit freaked out as a matter of fact.

I'll let you know more, as I know more, and post what research I find and receive.

No comments: