Monday, August 25, 2008

Hot, Sticky, and Humid


It's one of those days that you are going to feel damp, moist, and uncomfortable all day long. Yet it really does not feel hot enough to justify turning the air conditioner on. On these days I feel achy and just want to lie somewhere that a cool breeze will wash over me.

There are those dogs that count on me. Namely, Manny today is due for his walk. I peel myself off the faux leather couch, and call Leon to come be my company on the walk there.

See these days with the gas prices my transportation goes like this walking is best, biking is second best, and only if absolutely necessary OR I am going stark raving mad with cabin fever, the Nissan Exterra, yellow with my business information on it.

Today Leon and I hoofed it to Manny's. Leon loves these times alone with me, and is more than willing to be the entertainment committee. Manny seems to have a fondness for the mountain of dog that he calls Leon. You see Manny is a Chihuahua mix. Even though it's only a half mile to there, my pony tail was damp with sweat. Leon was a bit more sprightly.

Manny always greets me with this military crawl over that turns into jumps of joy. He has learned to pop his head into the collar that I bring with me, while I remove his e-fence collar. Then when he is leashed, off we go.

I try to mix it up for him each day. Sometimes I veer off the dirt roads into some woodsy trails that I know that lead to streams. Today was a bit nasty with bugs who were going after Manny like small angry birds. So dirt roads it was, being that they had less of the nasty things on them.

Nothing terribly exciting happened today, but I know Manny enjoys these times where his day is broken a bit from the same old. It holds the promise of a bit of adventure and companionship for him.

No comments: