Friday, March 27, 2009

Presenting Leon in Life is Just a Beach:)


Alright here are the takes in our first acting debute. Actually there were a few more takes, until I figured out that instead of trying to guess where the frame was in the video, perhaps I should mark a spot on the beach, duh!! I guess this would be obvious to anyone who has done any kind of video project before, and especially if you are using a tripod (non moving without assistant).

None of these takes are exactly what I want, there is something wrong in each take, but I am viewing it to give me an idea to get closer to what I want. As I was shooting this, I knew Leon was a bit ramped up doing this over and over again:) He loves this work. In order for him to look not so bouncy or to try and steal the leash from me so he can retrieve it LOL, we need to work on our form a bit more.

I am going to keep practicing this with Leon, but I don't know if this is the best story line for a commercial. There are a bunch of people watching me (where you can't see of course, I would have rather set them up behind me), so I am pretty nervous and distracted as I am doing this. I am not a great performer. Huge stage fright.

However, I am planning on doing presentations and seminars regarding the generalities of dog training and kennel safety. So I best be getting used to having a crowd. I also would like one of my two demo dogs with me:) So I have to feel confident from them (something I learned a lot about in competing).

So here is my first attempt, and no I would not say this is a good representation of the final product that I am working towards:) This is a work in progress however.

Want to have fun experimenting with your dog? It's easier if you have some commands that they understand. Mannerly Mutts Dog Training provides effective, efficient, and reliable dog training services in York County Maine. Please call 207-361-4395 for your Maine Dog Training needs. Or e-mail Maine Dog Trainer, Robin Rubin, at mannerly_mutt@yahoo.com.

No comments: