Friday, March 6, 2009

Baby Enjoys Roxy and Harley

Here I am bringing a client's puppy, Jesse the Sheltie, out to the beach with my dogs. You will see me training my dog, Leon, to roll over while Jackie is behind me saying "Gosh Darn It I can do that". However, this video is really about lovely Harley and Roxy having fun with a baby running around on the beach.



Recently, dogstardaily.com wrote about babies and pictures in a different light. Most professionals know that dogs can look one way in a picture, but that the full story is seen more in movement. I am not saying that some people do not put children and babies in potential danger by taking still or video photos of them. Sometimes though, the dog is just stressed by the camera and is not about to bite or maul the baby, adult, or owner. Part of getting a dog used to the camera may be taking a few pictures of them so they learn the thing pointed at them is nothing to be concerned about. I can post my own picture of my dog, Jazz, looking stressed while she was alive getting her picture taken with me. She did not like the camera, but this did not cause her any injury and got her used to an occaisional picture being taken. In one picture she's like "noooooo!!!" In the other picture, she had gotten used to a little camera action. Still pictures and sometimes moving pictures do not tell the whole story in most cases.

To analyze a situation without the living and breathing beings in front of you, is to not understand what dog training is all about.



Want your dog this well behaved around strange people? Mannerly Mutts, Maine's Dog Training, can help. Call Robin Rubin, Maine and New Hampshire's Dog Trainer, at 207-361-4395. Or E-mail mannerly_mutt@yahoo.com for your Massachusett, New Hampshire, or Maine Dog (or Puppy) training needs.

No comments: