Thursday, January 26, 2012

Team Leon CGC (training for CD) practices for winter matches to prepare for March trials!



Team Leon CGC (practicing to add CD) practicing for Winter matches to prepare for March trials:) Unfortunately, due to Leon's knees, we won't be able to go onto Open or Utility together. Leon likes to be kept busy and to be in public. He is a huge ham, and so he enjoys these things. I enjoy being with him and doing these things.

I have plenty of body movement work to do on myself, and the timing of executing vs saying the command (ugh, I need to stop this motion memory that is bad) among other things. Leon just needs a little work to do. It has been five or so years since he has been in the ring environment, and he is now 7 years old. We pulled him 5 years ago due to the TPLO surgery that was needed. During that time, Jackie CD was the one that ended up being trained and going into the ring with me instead.

Now Leon CGC is back in rotation to do the stuff he loves with me (we will probably pursue tracking titles after this), and Boris CGC is training for the United Kennel Club's Companion Dog title this year!

Exciting stuff. In 2010, I competed with clients' dogs, which was fun, but I was missing being in the ring with my dogs. 2012 will find me in the ring again with my resident canines:)

http://www.mannerlymutts.com
http://mannerlymutts.blogspot.com

No comments: