Monday, December 28, 2009

After Death Experiences



My dog, Jack, died on 12/23/2009.   I have not experienced anything unsual after his death.   I wish I did, but then again, I hope he's on to bigger and better things.   My sweet boy deserved everything life had to give him, and I can only hope he is back on his way to more adventures.

However, I do believe that I have had contact before.   My cat, Clyde, died many years ago.   He was very old, but it was especially taumatic for us because we needed to help him along via a vet.   I returned home with my husband sobbing, and then stopped suddenly.   I heard the distinct sound of his purring.  Clyde had an unbelievable ability to purr so loud it WOULD wake you up, even if he was in another room.   I believe I heard it distinctly that day, as if to say "don't worry, I am all right".

To leave the pet category for a moment, my Grandmother also died many years ago.   Although she died in a nursing home, her house was vacant without owners until her passing.   I felt the need to drive over, and sit on the stump of the boison berry tree that I climbed in my youth.   As I drove into the driveway of her house, I smelled her perfume, which was a rose type of perfume.   I can't conjure up that smell if I try, but I smelled it distinctly that day.  Also on a day of a big decision (which I can not remember now), a music box that had not been played in ages went off.   I attributed that to my Grandmother's approval or wish of good luck.

A few years before my Grandmother, my Grandfather died the day after Thanksgiving.   I felt someone distinctly tug on my pony tail after he died.   There was no one else in our house.

How about others?   Any after death experiences that you attributed to passed love ones?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I definitely felt my brother Ben came back to say good bye after his tragic death at 15. I was in my apartment at the time and he walked out of the bathroom and came towards me - I asked hm to stop and he did and while he did not say any words, I felt him say "everything is ok - tell mom that I am ok."

Decades later, a few months after my dog Ben (named after my brother) died, I was laying in bed and reached over to pet Ben good night. We bonded for a bit and then I rolled over to go to sleep. It did not dawn on me till later that he was dead.

I believe the spirit stays until you are ready to say good bye...or they are ready and they let you know they are ok.

Robin said...

Thank you Miriam. That is what I believe as well.