Sunday, May 31, 2009

Hoobie and Others

Akuma 8 Month Husky Puppy Lesson and Video-


Leon Demos What Day 8 of Longe Line Should Look Like Before Heeling can Begin (Note in the beginning your dog usually goes with you, but Leon hasn't actually done longe line for awhile, though he knows to stay with me):


Murphy Crazed Labrador Young Girl Boarding-

Gigi American Pit Bull Terrier Girl Boarding, Previous Training Client-














Roxy and Harley Great Danes Boarding Female and Male- (Okay I got a close up of napping Puppy Magoo in there too, cause he's Just so friggin cute).














Willie Male Portuguese Waterdog/Airedale X Last Lesson Until Fall- Did not bring the video camera to the beach, but Willie was walked by owner on the beach and thru many dogs. The owner was the most confident that I had seen her, and I think we had a good last session until the fall.

And our resident guest for Board & Train The Hoobinator-

5 comments:

Carole said...

What a wonderfull work Robin!
I still dunno were you get time to video tape and write (close to everyday) about each of our sweet little monster.

By the way I never see such a cute bunch of big baby on a couch. That picture is so cute.
They really look very anxius and not happy to be there (JOKE)

Continue your good work, we are with you every day...

Thanks Robin!

Carole

Robin said...

Yes the dogs are very mistreated here LOL.

It's nice as my boarding and daycare dogs are dogs that I will know for their whole life. About 99% of these dogs were or are training clients. This way, I get to see first hand whether the training is being maintained or not (clients vary on their appreciation of this (G))


Also a few of these dogs don't have any other social avenues besides here to socialize with other dogs and/or people.

When they are sacked out on the couch like that, most likely we have had some walks in the woods beforehand!!

KukasWorld.com said...

Cool blog!!!
:)

Robin said...

Oh, and about how do I find the time. Remember this IS my full time job:) I can also train dogs while watching daycare, since most dogs that come here are off lead trained and know each other.

I do have a very correographed day however:)

Robin said...

I should mention about this exercise, and why it's especially good for a dog like this. We are not ONLY teaching him sit here, but teaching the acceptance of touch. Notice that sit is done by running your hand down his back, and then cupping (not forcing down) his bum area. It also can give you a heads up if there is an injury or discomfort there.

We do about one hundred reps of these a day broken into short sessions. Then we do stand with a lot of touch (and ideally strangers touching), and then down even more touch and molding.

Down is where you want a really good relationship with your dog, because your hands start to get in a very vulnerable place. Knock on wood, I think Hoobie will be ready for it though. I have been very pleased with his sit progress in accepting the hands on handling (bad pun I know).