Saturday, October 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Mr Wee!!

Wee or Wee Wee is the nickname for our dog, Leon. Not because he pees, but wee as in little. Something he once was, probably no more so than on October 18th of 2004. Yes, believe it or not, today is Leon's fourth birthday.



It's hard to believe it's been four years since Leon was shipped from Georgia to Boston MA. We met the plane there to meet the puppy I had picked out from the Georgia kennel, Pamelot. Leon was the easiest puppy, and has a remarkable temperment as an adult.

I remember us picking up the cutest puppy at the airport. He was unphased by the flight, but a little unsure about the strange people picking him up. We were stopped for slight speeding on the way home, but the officer took one look at the puppy and my signage saying I was a dog trainer, and gave us a break that day. I knew then that Leon could work miracles with a sweet look and his wrinkly brow.

I had adult rescues beforehand, and never a puppy before. People, that were aquainted with me, gave me dire warnings about the bringing up of a puppy. You know, how horrible it supposedly was. Leon was a very easy puppy. I actually took about six months off to concentrate on him, something I know a lot of people would not have the luxury to do. I was just starting my dog training business, and he came in January, which is not a terribly busy dog training time. When the lessons started, Leon would go with me to appointments, and that is why to this day, the Nissan puts Leon to sleep quite readily. This way I could stop between his appointments and take care of his bathroom or exercise needs in between. Of course there were training times as well.

We have had many adventures together. On his birthday today, I believe we will go to the Harvest fest in town. That is assuming they are allowing dogs in this year!!



Need dog training help? Call Mannerly Mutts' Maine Dog Trainer, Robin Rubin, for customized Maine dog training help. 207-361-4395 or mannerly_mutt@yahoo.com

No comments: