Monday, July 10, 2006

Great Day

I began today by taking the crew out to the beach (our in home crew that is).   Did think to bring the camera with me this morning, but it sooooo sucks and even though it said half the battery was there, it couldn't take pictures due to exhausted battery.   I HATE IT!!!



Any way, though back to the relaxing morning of York Beach Maine.   I will update Jack's specific blog seperately about any issues (such as bowling for tourists) that he has been exhibiting lately.   He does love to run though.  I got smart today, and had Robert bring Leon and Jazz down to the beach, while I handled Jack alone as he needs a few manners regarding rushing the beach stairs.



The crew was down there (*$#@ camera) and Nan, a petsitter in the area that has been most helpful) was down with her charge, Sam.   Sam was a very gorgeous and friendly Golden Retreiver who was obviously enjoying the crew.   In the crew today (dogs not owners names) were Lilly, Ed, Elvis, Maggie, Tinker, Roxie, Bongo, and Jackson.  Probably a few others that I don't know as well. 



Jazz was in rare form as well, bouncing along after Jack and Tinker.   Poor Jazz even absorbed an unintentional (yet I am sure painful) body slam from Jack.   Jack found himself a ball, and started bringing it into the ocea, which I stopped him from doing much to Diane's dismay.  However he had lost a non floating ball on me last week, and I didn't want him to loose her ball or become possessive of it for any reason.



Later, with dogs nestled in the back of the Exterra, we took a drive to Perkins Cove to look around a bit.   Nothing was opened as it was still 8am.  Coming back, I noticed a man taking pictures of Leon in the back.  We went over and introduced us, which also attracted a couple of families who wanted to also meet Leon and gang.   Everyone always thinks it's just our dogs that are that way LOL.   



People were kissing and rubbing Leon's face, and of course the big goof was in puppy heaven.   Leon is a lover, that is for sure.



Managed to get this weekend off (realize it's Monday morning now, and my day is starting at 11:00 am)  because hubby is going on a business trip this week, but he doesn't leave until 12:30 or so.   We took the opportunity to get a little alone time this weekend, and have a lovely morning this morning.



He doesn't want to be leaving here, especially for business, and I don't blame him!!!  Just a quiet lovely morning here at Mannerly Mutts.

No comments: