Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Favorites of Fall-Marginal Way Ogunquit Maine

Columbus Day weekend provided my husband and I with a lot of opportunities to go on trips with our dogs, Leon and Boris.   Quite a few things are still going on in and around York Maine during these cooler fall weeks in October.  

As of October 1st to March 31st, one of my favorite things to do with my dogs on leash is now open.   The Marginal Way of Ogunquit Maine is available for owners with their well-behaved and leashed dogs.   The trail is very narrow in some areas, and this is quite a tourist attraction, so please visit accordingly with your dogs.   This gem can always be taken away if the wrong visitors with canine pals are attracted.   Here are some photographs of our recent visit.





There are these little sections of beaches with the stairs (pictured on the first photo) that are almost always open for play or a picnic.  During low tide (this is the tide coming in) there are interesting rock formations and places that can be very private.

Because I enjoy being with my dogs on these walks, this is one of my very favorite fall activities.   Additionally Ogunquit has Halloween festivities from October 22nd to October 24th.

Boris and Leon hope to trick or treat you there!

No comments: