Friday, May 21, 2010

2ND Leg on Day 2 of Vacationland Dog Show

I inadvertently hit a future goal today, when Magoo completed his second leg with a 188.5.   It did seem to work better to NOT tire Magoo out in the morning.  Who knows though, the spirits of dog training were with us this warm afternoon.

Tomorrow it's going to change a little as Bri will be with us, and my friend, Missy, will handle Bri during the long stays.   I was going to perhaps have Missy handle Magoo if he had his two legs, but he is slightly distracted when we line up for the stays, and Bri won't be that distracted.  Plus Bri is smaller by more than 50 pounds.   I have never tried Bri with a different handler.   Of course, this is all assuming we pass the first part of Novice for Bri.

Magoo was definately more acclimated to the environment today, which was a huge help.   A conformation judge ran up to us, and was disappointed that both of Magoo's ears weren't standing.   He is an attractive dog both physically and temperamentally non the less!!

So proud of Magoo today.   But I would be anyway, he is an awesome dog.   I did not have a helper today, and I wanted to concentrate on just getting our leg.   So sadly, I have no video to show you what a ten point difference would look like.   Hopefully, tomorrow, Magoo will be in good form again, and we can show you the best performance that I am capable of right now:)

http://www.mannerlymutts.com/
http://mannerlymutts.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Robin said...

Magoo was no longer distracted by the grass. He lagged a bit towards the end of the off leash heel. He fell behind once during the figure eight heel, but was otherwise on point. His auto sits were on my left and all there, but a bit crooked sometimes. His front and finish were very nice. He was calm and bored in his stays.