Sunday, March 28, 2010

June 21st Deadline for Fearfuldog.com's Bet With Me!!!

Last year I was sharing information regarding a really very difficult case that I was working on. Most aggressive dog towards owners. The owners had consulted R+ and APDT certified trainers, but their problems only got worse. Luckily, after the last trainer tried to remotely treat Hoobie, and got bitten by Hoobie for the fourth time on the fourth lesson by this particular trainer, the owners decided enough was enough. Although dealing with a dog that caused them to walk around their house and other areas as if in straight jackets, they really wanted to find a solution for their dog.

So they found me, and like with many cases, I shared the details of the start to the exercises with this dog. Fearfuldogs.com, after being referred by Gooddogz (Nancy Freedman-Smith, owner of Gooddogz), who spear headed trying to delete my blogs about "organization to beware of and others" on mainepets.mainetoday.com (an organization under the spell of certain trainers who have marked what should be an impartial orgnanization as theirs). However, mainepets.mainetoday.com is not an impartial orgnanization, and although they would have kept me if I shut up about them and their practices, I wouldn't. I find it so shameful. I write on other organization blogs, and they follow their own rules and are impartial about who they edit, who they don't, and what posts they delete.

So fearfuldogs.com basically posted about me implying abuse, although they could not verbalize exactly what they found abusive. Then they said my client would neither be successful nor happy with the results. Be aware, that I intiated none of this. Fearfuldogs.com was completely unaware of my previous successes. However, that was hardly my fault that fearfuldogs.com did not do their research, nor blindly followed Gooddogz manipulations. Also, this was the hardest client that I had (canine not human), and so this wouldn't have been my pick to bet on. I was also accused of having made "guarantees" to this client, where in the actual conversation I told them that I had no idea what to expect with their dog other than improvement in the current circumstances. You can look at some of the progression of this case with this link, keeping in mind that his behaviors came out of R+ and APDT certified trainers suggestions (oh and also the vets that sought to medicate him).

However, fearfuldogs.com promised to send 100.00 dollars to my charities without me reprocipicating, so why the hell not really? I am happy for my charities to get money, plus I worked very hard on this case. If his owners were not giving up, I certaintly wasn't giving up on Hoobie. I have a deep commitment towards dogs. His owners had demonstrated in the past the ability to keep others safe from him, and I dedication to this dog that I don't see to often.

The updates remain good with continued growth on the owners part. Hoobie relapsed physically with sickness, but his owner was able to maintain his training. So I will be totally happy that Debbie Jacobs will be paying Doberman Rescue and Worcester Animal Rescue League on my behalf in June 21st.

The unfortunat thing that people do not realize about me, is I am totally ready to put myself out there for something I believe. Plus I don't abide bullies lightly, and am not really concerned what people think as I pull them out into the sunlight for attempting to come after me:)

I am totally able to explain myself, whether one agrees or disagrees with me. It's totally about the dogs, and so not totally about me.

http://www.mannerlymutts.com/
http://mannerlymutts.blogspot.com/

No comments: