Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thoughtful Thursday



(Above:  Jackie performs a roll over for the camera)



Many of my clients come here for the dog pictures, or videos (I know <G>).   I am sure some wonder about this other content that I write about, regarding the actual dog industry.   Some trainers don't write about this on their blogs, as the end result does not bring in more revenue AND they discount the value of educating their clients.



I want my clients to have at least heard about Breed Specific Legislation, so when they are out on the road they MAY not be surprised and have their dog taken from them.   No, I can't force my clients to know about these issues, but I CAN be sure that information is out there for them.   Does this bring me the $$$$$$s, not in any kind of direct way for sure.   On the other hand, a trainer that is knowledge about many aspects of the dog and dog world is very valuable.  Client's like when you are concerned for them and their well being (whether they are or not at the time).



So while issues like Organizations to Beware of, Breed Specific Legislation, nutrition, spay/neuter legislation, tethering legislation, HEART legislation, may all be a huge snooze to most, if the information isn't out there then NO ONE knows what is going on.



You should be able to have your dog professional be aware of the issues, and willing to educate about the issues.   I am not saying anyone needs to agree with me, but try to know what why and when of what is out there.   Especially be aware of laws that could be infringing on your areas!!!   Please comment or e-mail me (mannerly_mutt@yahoo.com) with any areas of interest and concern.   



Need training for your pooch?   Mannerly Mutts Dog Training provides efficient and effective training to enhance the relationship of an owner and their dog.   You can call at (207) 361-4395 or e-mail Robin at mannerly_mutt@yahoo.com.

No comments: