Thursday, December 18, 2008

Nop's Trials Book Review


I am a person that reads books written by Dean Koontz. I always need some kind of hook and action to get me to read a book. An electricity outage and three years after buying Nop's Trials finally motivated me to read this book.


I was actually hoping for a book with little action about herding trials LOL. I was thinking it was about Donald McCaig himself, and the trials he had been to. It's actually an action packed, sometimes painful adventure of a dog named Nop. It's completely fictional, and well written.


Coming from the New England area my whole life, and only once traveling through Virginia, this book opened up and described a whole new world and lifestyle for me. If I had an inkling of the story beforehand, I wouldn't have gotten the book. However, having now read the book, I am interested to read more from Donald McCaig.


Nop's Trials is a fascinating work, and took my right out of my world (which was lacking in electricity at the time) and into another world of escape. That's what the best books do:)

No comments: