Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Morning

We have lost an unfortunate amount of family members and pets around the November through December time. This has caused a less traditional celebration of Christmas than that which I was accustomed to in the past. Halloween has taken over my decorating, fun, and eating time of the year. Christmas has become slightly more of a chore to decorate than anything else. So I use that day to spend time with my canine and human family that are still here with me, and that I love.

I normally have boarders in the form of dogs that I have worked with in the past and know. My clients dogs doing well ARE the best Christmas present ever. Right now we have two labs, Josh and Jack, who live in the same house and Brujo my friend's Giant Schnauzer. Their antics make me smile, and how happy they are to see me in the morning, and I am not even their family.

The very best Christmas present this year is Jazz, who is approaching her sixteenth birthday this January 2009. She is blind, deaf, and has wobblers so has trouble navigating her legs. However, every day she has her things to do. One search for new intruders in her house that must be put in thier place. Find those intruders beds and make sure they are inhabited by herself most of the day. Bark at all those that dare to knock into her during her travels. Snuggle with her best bud, Jack, and lick his ears. Use Leon as her pillow whenever he is close. Bark at Leon if he objects to being used as a pillow. Walk, as much as she can, of the parimeter of the property. Sleep, nap, and accept treats as they come. Eat everything in her plate each and every time. Snuggle up with me and accept kisses. Always on the list is find me whenever I seem to be missing LOL.

Want to be happy with your canine companion for the next thirteen years? Call Mannerly Mutt's Maine Dog Trainer, Robin Rubin, at 207-361-4395 for your Maine Dog Training needs. You can also e-mail mannerly_mutt@yahoo.com.

No comments: