Sunday, November 30, 2008

Rare Lazy Day with Doggies


Saturday, I enjoyed some well needed quiet time with my doggies. Although these are very active dogs, they seemed to enjoy it as well. All three of my dogs hung out with me watching Forgetting Sarah M (or something like that, which was mildly entertaining). We watched the Hulk(the second one, not sequel but the other making) which was okay. Not quite Spider Man....but okay.

The puppies all snuggled around me and each other. These quiet activities are especially important for my old girl, who feels out of the loop much of the time. She can't see or hear. She can walk on a very wobbly and limited basis. However, she gets up everyday with determination, and she sure as heck finds her food:) What she loves to do more than anything else these days, however, is be with her human and canine family. She gets very blue and vocal if we can't be around her. So, in the same way I carve out alone time with my young boys, I am sure that Jazz gets what she needs during the day as well. I have found that not allowing her to search out her terrain is not what Jazz wants . She wants to feel out her terrain, and figure out where things are on her own. So I try not to interfere as much as I want to sometimes. It's the thing that keeps her mentally stimulated during the day, and active enough to keep what little muscle tone she has left available to her.

Need to train your dog(s)? 207-361-4395 will put you in contact with Robin Rubin of Mannerly Mutts Dog Training. This Maine Dog Trainer will put you and your canine companion on the successful road to an enjoyable relationship for the both of you!!

No comments: