Monday, November 17, 2008

Leon Beginning Play Retrieve



I am working Leon, pre knee surgery, with a play retrieve here. Missy is a nice young lady who was helping me be able to film this, and I was interested how he would do with someone else playing with him. Apparently with some french fries involved, this was not a problem for him!!

However, this is not a working retrieve. I am training my dog, Jack, on a working retrieve now. It will be interesting to note the differences as I go forward with both methods.

Leon has had to learn, how to pick it up, how to deliver certain toys to hand, then that different toys can be retrieved (and have their own problems as far as delivery), and then that other objects can be delivered for his clumsy owners or handlers, who just can't seem to grasp anything if it's flung or put into the hand clumsily LOL.

No comments: