Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Training Logs

When you are training a client's dog or a competition dog, I find training logs great. I hate the class books though, because there is no possible way to document the results of repetitions and adding in duration, distance, and distraction. Way too little room. Blogs have no way of allowing you to run a comparison. I actually do my comparison in spreadsheet for, by date, and by distraction level. I have columns on particular days as to whether still treating, still giving corrections, and length of time command was performed. This way you can see documented progress on your dog. It also really helps with the next day lesson plan, and if you are doing private coaching or board & train, individualizes the lessons to the dogs needs and pace. Shame on me, just starting to do this on my dog today. I like to wing it a little too much on my dog, and there really is no room in that for the competitions we are doing. Also going to set Jack up on one.

No comments: