Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Video of Bri and Magoo Earning Their Last Legs for Companion Dog

Not perfect runs by far.   Bri had the best run of the two, and a good run for her pinkness.   Magoo was a bit distracted by the horses in the beginning, as you can tell, because he only hits one auto sit (a sure sign that the dog is distracted).   He stayed with me nicely during the heels, though a couple of times on leash there was some tension in the leash mostly in the about turns.

Very proud of them, it's been a hot long summer so far.  Magoo got his three legs in six trials total.   Bri got her two legs in 2008.   I think that took 5 trials then, before she "turned on".   Then this time it took 3 to get her last leg two years later.  I will never ever stop in the middle again.   It took a lot of work to get her back.



What's next?   Well I would like to train and enter my own dog, Boris, into the UKC.   I may take Magoo into Open.   Finally now that I have done a large dogs, I would love to take a toy dog into the ring:)

Next directly is to get my application into the IACP for my CDT:)

Maine and New Hampshire Dog Trainer
Mannerly Mutts Blog

1 comment:

Robin said...

Also I am supposed to say heel THEN step off. I don't know why I do not know this every time I go into the ring. Someone should snap rubber bands at me from the sidelines everytime I do this. Perhaps that will train me.