Tuesday, June 6, 2006

What a Day!

it's six thirty, and I am exhausted today.   The day started out with the feeding of the four dogs in my house, pooper scooping, then picking Roxy up.   



Poor Franky pup couldn't hold the second installment of poop in as I was picking up Franky, and had her second poop of the morning in her crate.  When I let Franky out of the crate, and down the stairs, she managed to pee on the stairs on the way down LOL.  It was like a sitting pee.



Jack came in, and promptly spit up a couple of mouthfuls of grass that he must have been munching when I let him out to do his business.   It became clear at this point, it would be a cleaning day.  I started the dog linens, and also started up the SpotBot.  The Spot Bot is an amazing little machine that makes these sort of things so much easier for me.



Course I had decided to exercise today as a daily regime, and Roxy was not really a help as she wanted to put her head under my exercise machine as she was in a down.   



Then I attempted to get laundry done as five dogs were vying for my attention.  I turned part of that into a training session for Jack and Leon, who were less than thrilled about it.   I followed that up with the door bell ringing, which Leon flunked at miserably, and learned instead how to crawl accross the kitchen floor to me, out of sight in the hall.   Will need to work with him on that a little more.   Comforting to know your dog does not want you out of his sight in case there is trouble, not so good for obedience and showing off what your dog can do.   Clearly that is next on the agenda.  I also don't like Leon to come charging down the stairs when I have clients arriving.   I want him to hang back, and wait for me to allow him to go forward.  It's ironic as I used to have the opposite problem with Leon, trying to get him to greet complete strangers immediately.   Now I have to find a way to balance out both things, wait back, then greet with friendliness.



I was exhausted by the time Franky's owners showed up LOL.   I am gonna miss my Franky snuggles tonight, but I am looking forward to not having to keep an eye out for puppy accidents.   I remember when I had Leon in puppy state, thinking I should really make a journal so I don't forget all the work that goes into puppies.   When you watch these guys, or train these guys and they are not your puppy, not that much work.   Having your own puppy, is well worth it in the end, but enormous up front work.  Course the benefit is that you don't have someone else's misdeeds to fix.   Plus, in Leon, I couldn't ask for a better companion and business partner.   



In my exhausted delirious state, I've gotten off track.  So we ended the lesson, which consisted of many reps of down, because Franky is really testing her owners on this <G>, as any smart puppy would know how to do.   One of those lessons that highlights the hard work and patience needed to produce the bare beginnings of the results that you want.  We all go to hang outside and socialize the puppies, when Jack starts rolling in.......something.  Then Jazz, then Roxie, then Leon, and finally Brie.  I am too tired to spring into action, and hoping against hope that they just like the smell of the grass.  No such luck, there is something dead and disintegrated over there.   Most likely a frog.   



After the client left, I allowed the puppies all to play with Brie, but then were the baths.  Oh what fun to hose down four reluctant (at best) dogs.   



Meanwhile, I had been trying to get the house in some kind of shape, and do the laundry.  Now it's really time for a nap, I just hope I don't zonk out for the rest of the night.

No comments: