Thursday, June 1, 2006

Marketing

I am a horrible procrastinator.  Here it is June, and my marketing plan should be finished, and I haven't even started.



First of all, for next year, I need to be in the Yellow Pages.  In Worcester MA area, just about everyone surfs the internet, and so my services were found quite easily.  Not one lead came from the Yellow Pages.



Now in York ME, many people do not use the computer, and almost everyone looks in the yellow pages.  Yikes.   So big mistake on my part, although I am already doing more business than Worcester, just imagine how much business I am not getting.



Also need to develop the group classes.  I haven't done that yet.  And although I like the privates especially for first time dog owners, in addition to making more money through them, group classes provide the proofing environment for the students.



Articles, I need to get on the ball.  I was keeping up my articles until Yikes 2/3/2006, and I cheated on my last one by using a link I already had.  That's horrible.  I really need to step that up a bit.



My flyers need to be posted in the pet shops, groomers (or business cards), vet offices, shelters, and kennels around here (that aren't doing training as well).



Need to be cognizant of business cards being in every available thing that I might wear outside.



Being at the beach in the AM, and making sure my truck is seen around town.

No comments: