Thursday, November 4, 2010

Dear York Maine Public Library

Three Great Dane Culpits
Dear Caretakers of York Public Library:


I am deeply sorry for the loss of your book, Tragic Magic. An unfortunate incident occurred here, when some long time day care canines got creative in their understanding of what is and what is not a dog toy.

Recently, my husband called to inform you of the loss of the book. I understand that you requested that the remains be returned in the book slot. I am enclosing pictures of why that will not be possible.


You can see what is left of the cover here.

Magoo, Roxy, and Harley really had a field day with this. I can't imagine how it ended up in so many tiny pieces, but the pictures show the evidence. Before letting me know of your request my husband had thrown away the garbage that contained the remains of the book.

My husband also informed me of another book lost that day in the same fashion. Your employee, whose dog also ate her book, was kind enough to share that information with us. I am not sure if it is true or not, but we appreciate the effort to make us feel better about this unfortunate incident.


I would like to believe that the book went peacefully. Again, I am so sorry, and am happy to pay for a replacement book to your library. Er, do you think I could take it out again? I was right in the middle.


Sincerely,



Robin



PS York Maine Public Library gives out so much more than books.

No comments: